Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lobster Tales of Maine.....

When I was a kid growing up here in Maine, lobster was a rarity for us. The reason being there were 9 in our family. We didn't live on the coast where lobster were plentiful so when we had it, it was for special occasions. What I remember about my first experiences with lobster were the succulent little legs. Yep, that's what the kids got when we had lobster. I was in my teens before I ever had any meat from the claws or body!

Today, I prefer the packaged meat to shelling my own lobster, but it's a fantastic tradition for many and a real treat for visitors. Learn how to shell and pick a lobster the Maine way here.

1 comment:

  1. Lobster is still one of my favorites and I'll gladly battle the shells for that tasty treat! Looking forward to reading more about a state I have never been to!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Tell me what's on your mind...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails